Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wilson Walk | No Seam Ripper


I have just returned from the local physician here in Warsaw and my stitches came out quite effortlessly. I was anticipating finding an American military base nearby to get treated since I was told by a nurse in the states that I could see a physician there very easily and have them bill my insurance back home. But, with no base nearby, Joanna was kind enough to schedule an appointment with a private doctor here. We called on Monday, got a 10:20 am appointment for Tuesday, and it is now 11:00 am and already I have seen the doctor, had my stitches removed, was consulted on what to do next, and stopped by a drug store for some odds and ends. the stitches came out with a tweezers and small curved blade that the doctor said was "not sharp enough because it was made in China...like everything today. It was a little dull, though I'm not sure the far east is to blame. But, to tuck another feather in the cap of non-American health care, the doctor visit cost a mere 40 zlotys. Thats about 15 dollars, folks. No wait, clean rooms, a bi-lingual doctor and nurse...everything I could need. Amazing.

The injury is healing up great, but I do have to wear this contraption on my hand for another 5 days. Bummer. This means I'll be bound (and determined) for the rest of my stay here in Warsaw. Its a small price to pay, ultimately, and I'll do whatever is needed to make sure I have a happy little thumb in the end.

I'm so happy to be on the mend, I've found myself laughingly doing the "Wilson Walk" by myself in my workspace...some old school country in the background as a soundtrack. I think we'll be adding this to our repertoire of moves at the Little Red Hen when I return to Seattle.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your health care situation was taken care of smoothly, cleanly, and of course cheaply. I love seeing all your pictures. xoxo

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zlotys sounds so made up, mike. i think you could have come up with something a bit better.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey, Hard to believe you've stayed with basic beige for that wrap on your wrist. I thought by now it might be wrapped up in red, or did you see enough red for a while ?

m.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey, Hard to believe you've stayed with basic beige for that wrap on your wrist. I thought by now it might be wrapped up in red, or did you see enough red for a while ?

m.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Turkey Day Mikey!!!!
You've still got your drumstick of a thumb for the holiday!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home