Sunday, March 09, 2008

Seamster Painter | Inside



One of the biggest thrills of getting a new space is watching it change from what it was, to what you want it to be. As I spend my weekend with a paint roller in hand, I'm revisiting the pleasures of thinking about a new design space, and remain more than excited about it all. As of this afternoon neutral shades adorn all the walls, and our floor has been repainted a lovely rich dark grey.



Most exciting of all was scraping the paint off the front windows to let in the natural light. Jacob's inclination was to start by making this rainbow...a great way to let in the first rays, and an appropriate welcome for our neighborhood.

Having friends on board with this all is fantastic. So many have already offered their help and congratulations....and our doors aren't even open! I'm most fortunate to be sharing the space with my good friend and fellow designer Rachel who runs a wonderful custom rug design business; Dorje Contemporary. She'll be occupying the back half of the space, while I manage the front as my studio and showroom. Good energy, good company - so many reasons to know its right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice subtile.... it's pretty deep...

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mindy Sue Wittock said...

Ah!!! I love it!!! Sometimes it's like you live in a movie. You are going to open up your shop, take a sip of coffee while thinking of the days work while stretching one arm up and looking out the window. And in your head you will say, "yep, yep, yep." Because everything is alright. I love it!!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home