Saturday, January 12, 2008

On the Offense... | Son of a Fitch

On several occasions in past months I have been the target of the biting jab of "Abercrombie!" from unkempt street kids on my block. Like any other inappropriately pointed remark, the problems with the association and a brand I abhor so much are multi-layered. While there is very little about how I dress that can be compared to the A&F look, I'm even more perturbed by the suggestion that I somehow embody something that connects me with something I am actively working against; pre-pilled sweaters, advertising that features nothing more than a millimeter or two of a waistband amongst the lust-inducing flesh, muscle-bound rugby teams tossing the pig skin instead of studying or listening to a new record......puh-lease!

So, perhaps "Abercrombie" has become street slang for something else and I remain unaware? Perhaps I really DO emit an A&F aroma and never even knew it! Please someone - fill in a few blanks for me, would you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

maybe you are too "clean" for them...

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps "abercrombie" is a homophobic slur--the way in which some use "gay" to mean "uncool" or the like???

i spend an enormous amount of time with teenagers and i find myself slipping further and further from understanding their lingo. a girl can hardly keep up!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me :-)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty certain that you really DO omit an A&F aroma, that you don't emit such a thing.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've thought long and hard about this (snicker) for the past few moments and the only thing I can think of is, it's gotta be the abs

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're pretty. Your style is pretty...which is something that you have in common with a&f. I don't think it's a bad thing. Nor do I think its a homophobic thing.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think A&F has a pretty style. I think you are much more stylish and hot and confident than any of those most nakedly AF guys. And I think your clothing that is made by you is much more sophisticated and well done and better photographed (meaning we actually see your pieces in the photographs and by pieces I mean clothes, not nards or the path to the nards) than AF's. And I think Cory's right... it's just gotta be those abs. Or maybe your chompers.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home