Saturday, December 29, 2007

MC = Michael Cepress | MC = Men's Clothing

A restful holiday and the onset of the new year leave me eager to reflect upon the past twelve months, and excitedly engaged in making choices about what’s next. Time moves along, trends and attitudes change, and focuses shift as I consider my creative work and how it effects the rest of my life. I’ve plowed through tailoring challenges I once only dreamed of having, I have traveled to see the world and share my work with new faces, new places. Somehow I have managed to continue actively working in the field I studied for so long….the discipline of men’s fashion that I have come to adore so much. Gathering what I have learned, counting my losses, and keeping an eye out for new doors that need to be kicked open, I am thrilled about what’s to come.

It is clear to me that MC needs to go public. The drawing boards show a studio/showroom in Seattle, and I couldn’t be more excited about the prospect of finally having a place to showcase my work as it continues pours out of my studio. I’m not shy with the use of the word “pour,” because this is exactly what I anticipate. I’m in search of a way for you all to come see pieces in person. I’m in search of a space for you to visit, have measurements taken, take part in fittings, tell me what you want, tell me what you don’t want, stop in to say hi, or sip tea on a Saturday afternoon when you’re strolling about town. I’m in search of a showroom always ready and willing to share my designs with you. I’m in search of ways to show you what once was in men’s fashion, and how we can revisit it’s beauty to make it our own for our modern lives. I’m in search of a chance to make this all even more real. The ultimate in real experiences means a very real space. If it means an extra rent check each month to earn a space and make this reality a possibility, then that’s just fine by me.

Stay turned as things evolve and develop because I want you to be part of this. I want you to know that I care about how you look and how you feel. You really do mean the world to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

9:09 PM  
Blogger M.O.V. said...

I'd just like to say you are an inspiration to me, and I'd really like to get my hands on a few of those books you were talking about the other day.

Best Wishes,
Monico Orlando

6:08 AM  
Blogger MC said...

SO kind of you to say, this M.O.V.! Many thanks and best wishes for your many hours in library stacks!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home