Sunday, December 02, 2007

Roots | Decorative Spray



My family is Polish (and German...and Swedish...and Swiss...) but I only had the Polish part this in mind during my two weeks in Warsaw. During a rare afternoon with a few spare hours, I was able to visit The State Ethnographical Museum of Warsaw which dedicated nearly an entire floor of the building to the folk costumes of Poland. I promised myself I wouldn't leave Poland until I had seen this, and the sampling I was shown was exciting and inspiring.

Now I'm committed to learning more about these costumes....and, moreover, owning a few of my own. Perhaps I'll even make them myself. Of those I saw in person, these first three seem best suited to me. The decorative sprays off the hats are amazing, really. I can only hope the female companion I have with me in the future will appear a bit more cheery than the girl in these photographs.

And when this day-wear comes to feel too mundane, I think I'll opt for something of this sort (see below). For holiday celebrations, maybe? For a night on the town or at a club? A night at the opera? Spring vacation?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

polish girls are hot.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Martin Penner said...

next time steal the boots.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home