Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ringing in the New Year | Working | Mighty Real

2008 is here and I am working hard to start the new year on a good foot. A few things I've done to begin this year with confidence, strong convictions, and remembering things that matter to me:

a) When Sylvester sang "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" at The Cuff, I shook it especially hard. I knew one of my beloved Cockettes would want 2008 to be great for us all. I worked for it.



b)As an act of care and adoration for a past I never knew, I smoked 2 Nat Sherman Clove cigarettes; one for John|Peace, and for Yoko|Love. I worked to enjoy them, but it didnt work.



c)In celebration of my new job as assistant costume designer at 5th Avenue Theatre downtown, I watched both film versions of MAME. While the costumes in both were superb, Rosalind Russell takes the cake on all accounts. Now I work 8:30 to 5 again.

2 Comments:

Blogger CK said...

Even without its delightful implications for gender barriers and sexual politics, "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" would be one of my favorite songs of all time. It's a perfect disco treasure and never fails at making me feel energized, beautiful, and ready to show the world what I've got. Congrats on making the most of that moment.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

personally, i enjoy lucille ball much better... i dunno... i've always had a thing for her in movies.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home