Saturday, July 15, 2006

For the Good of the Group

Last night kicked off our benefit weekend here at Watermill. While our most gracious donors gathered for cocktails, a catered dinner and private tours by Bob Wilson, the rest of us were huddled across the gravel lot eating pizza...after which were were asked to become invisible...or at least scarce. Heaven forbid the patrons have to look at the unsightly artists that helped make this weekend possible. To my delight, some of the patrons ignored this by leaving the outdoor cocktail lounge and joined us for pizza and beer. They were the ones I liked best.

Liza comes tonight!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While that seems odd to me, given what I thought to be the nature and attitude of Watermill - i.e. student run, student work, students everywhere - I guess it's not all that odd considering many of the stereotypes centering on the art world. Students do the gruntwork and big shots claim the glory. My hope is that was just a stereotype, and not actually valid.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liza lou or liza minelli.......i hope you meet them both.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home