Saturday, April 14, 2012

Something new for a change | Gift

After many days of teaching and being in front of the computer enjoying the organizing and planning of a spectacular week ahead, I needed to remind my hands and mind of what they enjoy most. So, without any expectation - no plan, no demands - I decided to treat myself to an afternoon of cutting and sewing in the sunshine that so beautifully filled my studio.

My dear friend Patrick Dorman gifted me this piece of hand painted and printed cotton from India a few months back. It has the most perfect soft, summery hand and was a joy to work with.

And with the antique cloth already showing signs of life, I've committed myself to doing some embroidery around the flaws to decorate and mend at the same time. All those little circle patches you see basted in place will soon become embellishment - something I'll do in the evenings to unwind and relax with Alexandra and Jeremy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely. Hungry for more MC shirts. Any plans of selling on the hill again?

12:44 PM  
Blogger MC said...

Hello - plans are in the works to sell again. Please stay tuned!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home