Friday, November 02, 2007

Work

My project with Robert Wilson in Poland is currently postponed as a result of varied political changes in Poland. Regional and national elections seem to be effecting the status of state employees (folks in the arts, among others) and the theatre our production was to be shown at is seeing changes in management, causing delays, and consequently making our premier dates for the show more or less meaningless at this point. So, as the producers of the show search for a new venue, I am blessed with studio time of my own.

When I really take the time to boil things down, I want to be designing and making menswear. Projects in theatre and elsewhere are exciting and challenging, but the allure of putting men on the runway in my designs pulls the hardest at my heartstrings and makes me spring to my feet each morning.

As a prototype for a few other pieces, I have made this jacket to explore some new ideas, new techniques, new considerations. To my delight, it turned out quite well and has even been passed along to the wardrobe of Mr. Richards in Ohio. I couldn't pass up this Pendleton-esque plaid (a sturdy cotton designed for upholstery but to my eye better suited for garments), and the Hong Kong finish in red on the inside was a thrill.
As I work through these new ideas and varied commissions that are on my plate, I hope to share each and every one of them with you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MC! WTF doode, this is aweschome!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um....we just made the exact same jacket. Exact. It's creepy. Really, really creepy. We haven't talked in years and we are still making the same work. Like if you were in my studio right now, you'd probably puke a little, because it's not even like kind of close, it's the exact same fucking jacket. How does that happen?

10:56 PM  
Blogger Erk said...

Beautiful. I love that the plaid takes on a high-tech quality-- partly because of the scale of the fabric's design and partly because of the way in which you staggered the fabric and partly because of the sleekness of your design.

7:05 AM  
Blogger MC said...

I think this calls for some show and tell, Cory!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah, i want to see this doppelganger of a jacket!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home