Saturday, June 03, 2006

Stitch here to begin

My 20 year stint as a student in the public education system has come to a graceful close, and have I decided to start this blog as a means of documenting what is next, and what will come of this life I have begun creating for myself as a seamster. Today I am in Seattle, WA. By July 1 I will be in NYC. After that, god only knows.

The Watermill Center, headed by experimental theatre champ and noted set designer Robert Wilson, has me signed on as a participant in their international summer program. For 6 weeks I will be working beside nearly 100 other young designers, craftspeople, dancers, actors, musicians, architects, and spirited souls to collaborate for the sake of a larger creative somethingoranother. For as much as I seem to know about the experience at this point, I still feel like I have no sense of what I am in for. Rest assured this new home on the web will be my means of sharing the experience with you all.

And in the meantime before I fly east, you'll get random musings from a guy who thinks about fashion, art, and why on earth people decorate themselves in the ways they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home